That a basic classic can still be such an universal favourite - that goes for both an ice-cream scoop as well as the authentic beaded ball.
|"Rum & Bubblegum" Beaded Ball Necklaces|
"Ice-cream is quite exquisite - what a pity it isn't illegal."
- Voltaire -
Materials for Basic Beaded Ball :-
30 x 8mm faceted acrylic beads
80cm of nylon thread
clear nail varnish
1. Thread five beads into the centre of the thread. Cross the two strands in the first bead.
2. String four beads on to any strand and cross the two strands in the fourth bead. Feed the inner strand through the adjacent bead of the original pentagon base.
3. This time, string only THREE beads on the outer strand and cross in the third bead. Again feed the inner strand through the adjacent base bead. Continue with this sequence three more times, adding only TWO beads in the final pentagon. Feed the inner strand through the first bead of the first pentagon and cross in the second strung bead.
4. For the second row, feed any strand through the adjacent outside bead of a “neighbour” pentagon. Add three beads on the other strand and cross in the third bead. Feed the inner strand again through the two adjacent outside beads of the former pentagons. Continue with this sequence, but add only TWO new beads for the next three pentagons and ONE for the last. Cross in the final bead. (You will find that the ball will gradually close up as you go along.)
5. To finish off, feed the two strands through the final formed pentagon on top and finish with a decent knot. You may also strengthen the knot with some clear nail varnish and feed the ends through some beads before cutting off.